• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed on breaking into Contracting (in Finance)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    To be fair 'Ask your accountant' doesn't need a lot of thought
    Maybe the OP should've

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      I would suggest the list of what you don't know about is a lot longer than just "Australia".

This is what I'm aiming to do.

Interesting talk about the re-positioning of Accenture / Wi Pro. Good post earlier too .
      Thanks.

It's a good route and I had a very good run with it.

What I learned:

Diversify and do not rely on one client.
      NOT take all the money out of the business like a contract. A contractor needs a war chest and so does a business. The business war chest may cover other people.
      It's not a co-op. Standard business roles and structure apply.
      You will loose a friend or two.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        To be fair 'Ask your accountant' doesn't need a lot of thought
        Did you ask your accountant about that?

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        Diversify and do not rely on one client.
        NOT take all the money out of the business like a contract. A contractor needs a war chest and so does a business. The business war chest may cover other people.
        It's not a co-op. Standard business roles and structure apply.
        You will loose a friend or two.
        Good advice. One of the ones I have known to fail failed becuase of mismanagement of finances, at one time it had 50+ people engaged.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Did you ask your accountant about that?

Good advice. One of the ones I have known to fail failed becuase of mismanagement of finances, at one time it had 50+ people engaged.
          ITHR & Sytel are good examples of how to do this. (ITHR rely heavily on contractors so it should be interesting to see how things pan out for them.)

Also one is full of dicks, one isn't.

Comment

Working...
          X