• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Hong Kong - process?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Hong Kong - process?

My wife and I have decided to move to Hong Kong at the end of November. My better half is a language teacher, so there are umpteen opportunities, and I seem to have options over there as an I.T PM.

So my intention is to cease working in the UK by 13th November at the latest, to then take up work in HK in December or January 2016. I operate under my own Ltd company currently.

I'm looking to tie down the process. Happy to switch to an international umbrella, and my assumption is using the UK registered Ltd would not be the best way forward. Is this right?

I am only mildly panicking right now, honest.

Thanks in advance!

You'd probably be better off asking this on one of the HK Ex-Pat forums than on here. It's not really a normal set of circumstances for contractors.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Work Permit/Visa?

Comment

Working...
      X