• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unusual request from Recruiter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual request from Recruiter

I received a call from a Recruiter who had put me forward for a job a week ago and I was unsuccessful. Earlier this evening one of the agents from this recruitment company called me and then followed up with an email asking if I would do him a favour and could he call me back?

Long story short, he's asked if I can spare 1hour on Thursday to help out his Client: they need a BA to what now turns out to be a Bid for public sector work. He's "offered" to pay me for 1 hours worth of work (I doubt it would only be 1 hour) and pay for all my travel (travel from West Midlands to London). He's emailed me the RFP.......

My question:
    Besides getting everything in writing/Contract for all the above what are your thoughts?

I couldn't make this up even if I tried!!!

And you are even considering this??
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you have nothing better to do it for a day's money (and probably expenses).

An hour plus expenses is derisory.

Comment

Should we guess how this plays out? It needs longer than an hour, OP is put in a very difficult situation as to just walk out or carry on. No further money coming for the extra time as it wasn't agreed and a battle royal starts over a few hours work?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Should we guess how this plays out? It needs longer than an hour, OP is put in a very difficult situation as to just walk out or carry on. No further money coming for the extra time as it wasn't agreed and a battle royal starts over a few hours work?

Yes Northern, you're not the only one thinking that.......I've just emailed him to say I'd need a contract in place before travelling/attending and it would need to state I'd bill them based on hours worked. Hopefully because I've not requested something in writing this disappears!

Comment

Well I think you'd asked a bit too much just for an hours work TBH but it's your call.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Well I think you'd asked a bit too much just for an hours work TBH but it's your call.
              What do you mean?

He's just replied saying no problem to Contract. I've stated he needs to insure the Contract states I can and will bill them for any/all hours worked.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterP0 View Post
                What do you mean?

He's just replied saying no problem to Contract. I've stated he needs to insure the Contract states I can and will bill them for any/all hours worked.
                Fill your boots then. Impressive getting a contract offer so far outside of usual office hours, seems enormously likely.

Comment

An hour? Like £50-100 or something I assume?

Let me think. An hour....

10 mins taking my coat off.
                  20 mins having a dump in their bogs.
                  20 mins checking out the tottie.
                  OK 10 mins then Im off.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Pay you for 1 hour?

Sure, £500(+VAT) + expenses.
                    Last edited by jmo21; 17 June 2015, 09:33.

Comment

Working...
                    X