• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment 30 days from invoice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment 30 days from invoice

Hello,

On the hunt for a new contract and been speaking to a few agents.

I ask all agents upfront how quickly does a contractor receive funds after invoicing.

I've been told by a number of agents that 30 days after invoicing.

Now normally (for me) I've been paid between 5-10 working days, so I would be interested to find out if any other contractors have experienced this and how did they respond to those payment terms.

thanks

Originally posted by strawberrysmoothie View Post
    Hello,

On the hunt for a new contract and been speaking to a few agents.

I ask all agents upfront how quickly does a contractor receive funds after invoicing.

I've been told by a number of agents that 30 days after invoicing.

Now normally (for me) I've been paid between 5-10 working days, so I would be interested to find out if any other contractors have experienced this and how did they respond to those payment terms.

thanks
    Not that bad.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

30 days after invoice payment terms are rather normal and not that big of an issue when combined with weekly invoicing. The problem is if combined with monthly invoicing it results in 60+ days of credit.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        30 days after invoice payment terms are rather normal and not that big of an issue when combined with weekly invoicing. The problem is if combined with monthly invoicing it results in 60+ days of credit.
        Being direct, I have monthly invoicing and 60 day terms - although they pay on 30 day terms because the PO and the contract have different terms on them.

Originally posted by strawberrysmoothie View Post
        You have a few choices.

1) Accept it
        2) Negotiate it
        3) Walk away

HTH
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Haven't been on less that 30 days in as many years as I can remember and not a hitch. Agents all fairly well established though.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi OP, my 1st Contract they paid me 5 working days after submission.

The Contract I've just completed stated 30 days, but I was always paid 5 working days after submission, maybe I was just lucky, but they were very accommodating? I must admit that on submission of invoice I always put the date of 5 working days after I'd submitted my invoice.

It's going to be interesting going forward with new clients?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterP0 View Post

It's going to be interesting going forward with new clients?
              Is that a question or a statement?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                Oh no they are not!

Ive never had invoice plus 30 days in 17 years of contracting. Just gone back in to top up the pension pot and Im still on 10 days after invoice.

And I told the agency it was a joke having to wait that long in the 21st Century with faster payments and a banking client!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Neither unusual or rare these days
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Neither unusual or rare these days
                    nor
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X