• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract required to be IR35 compliant??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done a couple of very short gigs (< 2 weeks) with no contract, but they've been direct. I generally try and get a PO for that kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I've done a couple of very short gigs (< 2 weeks) with no contract, but they've been direct. I generally try and get a PO for that kind of stuff.
      Equally valid and a PO will undoubtedly reference terms of business and payment terms which is absolutely fine

Comment

For such a short contract, it probably doesn't matter.

For such a short contract, it probably doesn't matter from an IR35 perspective, but it does for payment terms etc. as others have said.

e.g. assuming a four week contract @£2000/week = £8000.

As long as the salary you pay yourself over the full tax year is at least 95% of £8000 (i.e. £7600), you have met your IR35 responsibilities.

Obviously, if this contract extends to be more than 4 weeks or you have multiple inside-IR35 contracts, that becomes any issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          This is invariably the approach I adopt when doing short-term, fixed price, work. Ideally, attach your own T&C when returning the signed PO. For very small projects - certainly fixed price projects - it's probably not worth worrying about IR35 (although it certainly applies to all contracts).

Comment

Working...
          X