• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Viability of Bristol TM -> London City Commute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    I used SWT last year and went first class. Then they reduced the amount of first class accommodation so I would invariably have someone sat next to me or it was full and I had to spend the journey in the inter carriage area.
    I get the Virgin WC from Brum to Euston, carriages are no more than half full, always get 2 seats, free papers, wifi and the breakfast service is second to none Would never go back to standard now.

Comment

It's going to be about a three hour commute door to door each way and tiring. Also for an idea of the train service have a look at #FGW on twitter.
      6am train is the one to get, you can get to Holborn for 8:30.
      Heather's pet care could sort your budgies out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
        I used SWT last year and went first class. Then they reduced the amount of first class accommodation so I would invariably have someone sat next to me or it was full and I had to spend the journey in the inter carriage area.
        Would suggest that 1st class sitting by someone is worse than standard class not sitting by someone.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Would suggest that 1st class sitting by someone is worse than standard class not sitting by someone.
          Couldn't agree more.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Couldn't agree more.
            Except BTM to PAD is full in second class by Swindon, and standing in First after Reading...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Except BTM to PAD is full in second class by Swindon, and standing in First after Reading...
              On FGW you can reserve seats every day with a season ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                On FGW you can reserve seats every day with a season ticket.
                ...many of which remain unclaimed by Reading...

But that's not the point; we were discussing sitting next to people. The trick in BTM is to take one of the single seats in First Class. The train starts at BTM so won't be full. Coming back is a different question of course, but a lot of people get off at Reading and Didcot.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

But that's not the point; we were discussing sitting next to people.
                  I was replying to the point about standing - that is the point that you are singularly incapable of understanding.

I wouldn't worry about sitting next to people. I'd worry more for the poor sod that might have to squeeze in next to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    I was replying to the point about standing - that is the point that you are singularly incapable of understanding.
                    And one which is not at all clear from your post. Perhaps try harder to make your point properly next time so us more intellectually challenged people can make sure we don't misconstrue it?

I wouldn't worry about sitting next to people. I'd worry more for the poor sod that might have to squeeze in next to you.
                    Pathetic response; last refuge of the trainee troll.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
                      Heather's pet care could sort your budgies out.
                      Or you could smuggle them.

Boo2

Comment

Working...
                      X