• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First contract - client asking for very high insurance limits!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negotiate

Another possible approach is to negotiate the additional cost of the insurance into the rate.

It's happened a couple of times with me where the agency says client insists on XYZ level, I have said something along the lines "they can pay for it then" and suddenly, the "requirement" is dropped.

Comment

I previously worked on safety critical rail systems, where the contract required a high level of professional indemnity.

I've always considered it not that expensive when offset against what my business charges for services. It is just a cost of doing business.

Comment

Originally posted by raphal View Post
        SAGE ?
        Highly highly unlikely....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by raphal View Post
          SAGE ?
          Send All Grannies to Eastbourne?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
            £10m Public Liability cover won't go very far when one of those goes off course
            Public Liability implies a public to be recompensed.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              Public Liability implies a public to be recompensed.
              Yes and a trading limited company normally deals with the 'public' at some level.

Comment

Working...
              X