• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone operating through an offshore limited company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Not a problem setting up an off shore company and sending all your money to it. Question though - how are you going to get the dough back into the UK without getting taxed on it?
    ATM?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Question though - how are you going to get the dough back into the UK without getting taxed on it?
      Roll up wads of notes, stuff into a condom and insert into orifice. I don't think sniffer dogs are trained to recognise the smell of filthy lucre. Once back in the country, visit a bureau de change.
      • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
      • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        ATM?
        I didn't think a nice girl like you did such things
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I didn't think a nice girl like you did such things
          This is the Business forum and everyone has their price so I am told.

Comment

The cayman Islands is so 1990s. All the cool kids are incorporating their dodgy companies in Nevada or Delaware these days...
            The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
              The cayman Islands is so 1990s. All the cool kids are incorporating their dodgy companies in Nevada or Delaware these days...
              It makes you wonder why with all the talk of cracking down on tax evading companies in the Senate and the House of Reps, why are they focussing on overseas?

It's almost as if the VP comes from a tax avoiding state
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                It makes you wonder why with all the talk of cracking down on tax evading companies in the Senate and the House of Reps, why are they focussing on overseas?

It's almost as if the VP comes from a tax avoiding state
                Whenever anyone refers to 'The Senate', I immediately think of Star Wars and Chancellor Valorum

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyCash View Post
                  If google, amazon and starbucks are getting away with it then surely i can too? I'm thinking to go outside of EU and US jurisdiction considering recent scandals in switzerland. Always fancied a trip to the cayman islands!!

Idea might be to set up a limited company abroad then to charge my UK company some kind of licence/consulting fees. Thoughts/experiences? I figure that I can save £15k/year in corporation tax!!
                  Save a whole 15k a year. That'll barely cover the flight and hotels.

Comment

So if you save £15k per year, that's a £75k invoice per year from the cayman company. Using a reasonable multiple, that suggests that the IP that you transfer to it is worth around £300,000. There must be quite a lot of tax on that £300,000 you are treated as receiving (even though you get it)?

And as it's your company, the cayman company will probably be managed and controlled in the UK and so it will pay UK tax. So it pays £15k. Oh, HMRC will also say that the £75k paid by your UK company is not for the purpose of its trade and so will disallow it.

So in summary: Tax on £300,000 that you never get. Cayman company paying an extra £15k per year. UK company, no difference in tax each year. Nice one?

Comment

Working...
                    X