• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you market yourself?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you market yourself?

Hi,

Do you market yourself or your company (assuming you’re contracting via ltd)

Thanks

Originally posted by crapot View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    Depends what I'm marketing and what the person I'm talking to wants....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Depends what I'm marketing and what the person I'm talking to wants....
      ^This

On second thoughts, what type of business ?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks
        Stand on a busy roundabout with a placcard around your neck saying 'I.T. Contractor. Gizza job!'
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Stand on a busy roundabout with a placcard around your neck saying 'I.T. Contractor. Gizza job!'

Summat like that ?!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Summat like that ?!
            Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnn one!
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Decent enough LinkedIn profile.

Decent enough company website.

Speak at conferences in my area of expertise, which gets the name out there.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Stand on a corner with a sign saying 'Awaiting pimping'
                Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses. some are funny

What I was alluding to with my question is the emphasis you place in marketing yourself or spend time and energy to getting your company first and then yourself as the engine behind it.

I did few gigs in web (asp.net) development back in 2011 before going permie. I found most of my gigs through acquaintances.

I just left the company and wanted to do contracting again. I was then thinking if I should spend time with a company presence or simply market myself first.

Thanks

Comment

Networking (contacts from old gigs), conferences, and a super secret awesome marketing plan which I will sell once I've found out it's not that awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X