• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 contract review?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I cannot remember which one but some will negotiate the rubbish clauses out for you. This is much better done at arm's length because the agent cannot bully, blackmail or give you false and misleading legal 'advice' which they will do in an attempt to coerce you into signing something that is bad.
    Both Qdos and B&C will negotiate with the agency over the contract clauses.

Almost every contract I've had, I've read it and thought "yep, that's fine" - send it to Qdos just to rubber stamp it and they fail it. But they know what they are looking for and any changes in precedent, whereas I don't.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

QDOS offer a basic and comprehensive review, is the basic review normally sufficient?

Comment

Originally posted by tl97 View Post
        QDOS offer a basic and comprehensive review, is the basic review normally sufficient?
        It should be but with the caveat your working practices are in line with what is in the contract. In the event that the basic review fails I have previously paid for the comprehensive review.

I'm still surprised at the number of contractors that don't bother with IR35 contract reviews...

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
          It should be but with the caveat your working practices are in line with what is in the contract. In the event that the basic review fails I have previously paid for the comprehensive review.

I'm still surprised at the number of contractors that don't bother with IR35 contract reviews...
          Contracts being reviewed are fine, and good business for QDOS et al.

But the proof is actually in working practices

there are clauses in QDOS insurance which state:

The policyholder is able to exercise a Right of Substitution.
          • The policyholder has autonomy over their method of work and is not subject to the same level of supervision or control as
          their clients’ employees.
          • The policyholder is not aware of any discrepancies between their contract with an agency and the agency’s contract with the
          end client.
          • The policyholder has not been employed directly by any of their clients in the 12 months prior to commencing work under a
          contract for services.

otherwise their insurance wont pay out. Irrelevant of whether you had your contract reviewed.

Comment

Working...
          X