• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cutting out the agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chewbacca View Post
    So, if "my friend" is working for a client through an agency, at say, 400/day, and the end client wants to renew and is willing to pay the penalty to the agent for re-employing "my friend" directly. The end client has asked how much the day rate for direct contract would be. Obviously agent is getting 400+x per day. Would my friend be taking the mick if s/he said, say, 450 (which is still las than 400+x)?
    I hope your friend realises that the client isn't employing him like you do

You need to find out whether the agent was on a fixed margin or not first. That will make a big difference to your negotiations. If so the client will know exactly what you are getting paid and exactly what it is costing him to use the agents services so how much he will save by not using them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Another 'So...' sentence starter....
      Well observed.Why do they do it?

Comment

Working...
      X