• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used Bite Consulting Group Ltd?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used Bite Consulting Group Ltd?

Hi,
    Has anyone had any experience with BITE Consulting?

I am close to the end of my first contract (2 years) and feel I need some help finding my next contract. They have a good spiel about "private databases" that have contracts which "pass through so quickly they don't get on to the job sites" (which I can kind of see as a possibility). But equally they want a slice of earnings (about 10%).

So I would really like to know if anyone has experience with them (good/bad), if they landed good contracts quickly and if they rates were higher to offset the chunk that they want in return (though I may have to swallow the 10% as its better to be earning than not!).

If these guys are not all they seem: are there any that are?

Cheers,
    Mono.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 26 January 2015, 09:24. Reason: URL Removed

Originally posted by monoceros View Post
    Hi,

I am close to the end of my first contract (2 years) and feel I need some help finding my next contract. They have a good spiel about "private databases" that have contracts which "pass through so quickly they don't get on to the job sites" (which I can kind of see as a possibility). But equally they want a slice of earnings (about 10%).

So I would really like to know if anyone has experience with them (good/bad), if they landed good contracts quickly and if they rates were higher to offset the chunk that they want in return (though I may have to swallow the 10% as its better to be earning than not!).

If these guys are not all they seem: are there any that are?

Cheers,
    Mono.
    If you weren't a limited company what they are asking for is and has been for decades utterly illegal. Run a mile.....
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 26 January 2015, 09:24. Reason: URL removed
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      If you weren't a limited company what they are asking for is and has been for decades utterly illegal. Run a mile.....
      Indeed.

Every agency has a "private database" and some of the roles that they get off clients don't make it to the job sites, this bunch of cowboys are just spinning you a sales line.

Run several miles, avoid, avoid, avoid.

Comment

I've had several of their agents add me on Linkedin. From several of their posts they post your CV within their Linkedin feed to pimp you out. Basically seems like another layer of agency fluff losing you more on your day rate. They don't actually seem to have any real contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by monoceros View Post
          They advertise a lot on Gumtree. They target naive Antipodeans' hoping to get work in London.

Comment

Do a proper Google search on them. Even a thread or two from here may appear.

The information I read indicates that you should avoid them at all costs.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X