• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CTC (Counter terrorism) security check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTC (Counter terrorism) security check

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you are currently going through a CTC security check or have had one before? I was offered a really good position working for the government in August. I will be working for a company that are contracted to this particular establishment and it's a full time permanent position. I sent off my Application through my sponsor (line manager) for the check about September and the FCO (Foreign commonwealth office) were the ones dealing with my security check. I have signed my contract with my company and passed clearance with them so literally waiting for this separate CTC clearance to finalise so I can start. I heard it could take up to 6 months but I am still worried and I don't know why. I had a silly little thing when I was 16 ( graffiti on a wall) which I got a warning for which I declared but apart from that I have nothing that would go against me. I have no debts and have had nothing else that could harm my application. Am I right in getting worried or should I just be patient and hopefully be cleared soon? I got made redundant last year so this job was a fantastic opportunity but causing me a lot of stress due to the length of time it's taking to clear. I currently have temp work which is fine but part of me is worried I'm going to have my application rejected so I can't start my new job

Can you post this in the 'no paragraphs' forum so they no paragraphers can read it and respond with paragraphs.

Thanks.

Site Admin and Owner.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Can you post this in the 'no paragraphs' forum so they no paragraphers can read it and respond with paragraphs.

Thanks.

Site Admin and Owner.

Can you use spell check next time you respond please

Comment

Originally posted by Nasescoba1985 View Post
        Can you use punctuation then?

Comment

They won't give a toss about graffiti unless it was writing "romanes eunt domus" 40,000 times across Thames House.

Comment

CTC is an ID and credit check, nothing else (in my terms the "You are who you say you are" test*). If it's taking more than a week or two, the paperwork is sat in somebody's in tray somewhere.

* BPPC - "You are you"; CTC - "You are who you say you are"; SC - "We agree you are who you say you are" and DV - "We know who you really are"
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              CTC is an ID and credit check, nothing else (in my terms the "You are who you say you are" test*). If it's taking more than a week or two, the paperwork is sat in somebody's in tray somewhere.

* BPPC - "You are you"; CTC - "You are who you say you are"; SC - "We agree you are who you say you are" and DV - "We know who you really are"

Thanks. I was told it could take up to 6 months though for my clearance but just wanted to see if anyone was in the same boat as me?

Comment

Thanks. I was told it could take up to 6 months though for my clearance but just wanted to see if anyone was in the same boat as me?
                Bollocks. DV doesn't take six months, SC averages 4 weeks, CTC about 2.

Someone somewhere isn't doing their job.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Paperwork is being delayed over the X-mas/New year period - what a shocker...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Can you use punctuation then?

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X