• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance - Business Usage - more expensive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Never bothered expensing it, doesn't seem worth the effort really for two quid.
    I figured that too. If it was a substantial amount, it'd be quite difficult to do, also, I would think. I presume you'd have to get a quote with and without to enable you to proportion it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
      Do any of you put that 'extra' through as a business expense, or just suck it up?
      Can't expense £0.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        I've had class 1 business use (or whatever they call it now) for decades, it costs a couple of quid a year. That's all you need unless you're carrying business goods/spares/stock in which case that's some other thing that costs more.
        BTW Business class 2 is for your named drivers to have business travel, however you need to confirm with the insurer whether they need to be in the same business as yourself. So for example, if one of you is an IT contractor and the other named driver who uses your car for work reasons works in the health service, you need to get the insurer to confirm you can both use the car for your specific business.

Otherwise may get screwed over if either of you has an accident.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X