• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receipt Scanner Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    The Google Drive app has a scan function (you take a photo of the receipt).

You can add multiple photos to one PDF file, and it all gets stored on your Google Drive account in the cloud.

15GB free, or pay US$2/mth for 100GB. Store all your other crap there too, all sync'd to your laptops/desktops.
    This ^^

Personally i'm using the mobile app of IOB which uploads the pictures to Dropbox and attaches them to expenses in IOB.

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
      There is a thread on this earlier this year, have a search
      I searched for 'receipt scanner' and nothing relevant came up but thanks for staing the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Disagree - I'm using CamScanner (As previously recommended here) and it's fantastic for saving receipts for accounting purposes.
        I've just downloaded this and its seems quite good.

Comment

Taking a photo seems OK if it's a small enough receipt, but if you've bought lots of things from Staples (for example) then it's all on a big long receipt, so you get lots of background.

Unless you manually crop out the background before converting it to a PDF, which seems like too much hassle for my liking.

I whack mine through the scanner in a batch each month and save the one PDF.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Expensify is an app designed for just this purpose which scans and also outputs to spreadsheet, detects the vendor name and amount etc
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
              I searched for 'receipt scanner' and nothing relevant came up but thanks for staing the obvious.
              Well maybe use different search terms and you will get the obvious

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-receipts.html

Comment

I wouldn't go Google, personally. If they withdraw the service, pop goes your company records. Just get a wireless printer/scanner and use that. Mine hardly ever prints nowadays, printing itself seems to be a thing of the past.

And do some off site backups, none of yer cloud cobblers.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  I wouldn't go Google, personally. If they withdraw the service, pop goes your company records. Just get a wireless printer/scanner and use that. Mine hardly ever prints nowadays, printing itself seems to be a thing of the past.

And do some off site backups, none of yer cloud cobblers.
                  Paranoid much? The chances of your local storage get corrupted/stolen/lost is far grater than Google pulling the plug on Google drive. Besides nothing is stopping you from having local copy and/or off site backup in addition to Google Drive.

Now if your concern is about privacy it's an entirely different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Paranoid much? The chances of your local storage get corrupted/stolen/lost is far grater than Google pulling the plug on Google drive. Besides nothing is stopping you from having local copy and/or off site backup in addition to Google Drive.

Now if your concern is about privacy it's an entirely different matter.
                    I scan all my receipts through my printer/scanner and save them as PDF documents on Dropbox (synced with local folder and shared across multiple devices). Even if Dropbox decides to pull the plug, one will still be left with the local folder with "originals".

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      Tell that to users of Google Reader, Wave, Buzz or any of the other services that Google has peremptorily shuttered in the last few years.
                      As for Google/Dropbox etc, they are just somebody else's computer and should be treated as such. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X