• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got a job offer but.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    Pasport, not UK Passport.

UK passport proves your entitlement to work so you are covered. Indian passport for instance doesn't, so they ask for it separately.
    Haha. Yes I know how to spell 'passport.' Its a fair cop.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      I decided Id test the water and see if I could come out of retirement to supplement the savings pots and work on a semi retired basis. Im beginning to wish I hadnt bothered

Anyhow, had a telephone interview and b*gger me, they've made an offer. Its in the financial industry but they want something called BPSS. Now I've investigated this and as far as I can see BPSS is for Government Depts which this most definitely isnt.

Its financials for a relatively small high street bank. They 'want' Disclosure Scotland (not probs with that) plus 5 years references (WTF happened to 3 years?).

Additionally - Verification of identity (eg. Passport, Visa, Photo Driver Licence). Fair enough that should identify me. But then they also want, - Entitlement to work in the UK (doesnt the passport do this?), - Verification of proof of address (within 3 months) - Address history, for the last 5 years.

Has the world gone mad? WTF do I, a British National have to produce this stuff?

Is it normal to now do BPSS checks any any contract role?
      Telephone interview, put something in the contract that states they cant sack you based on your appearance

Also be prepared to handover bank statements to prove the latest blank period in your CV

Comment

Working...
      X