• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waiting for CTC clearance - 4 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for CTC clearance - 4 months

Hi All,

I am waiting for my CTC clearance as a requirement for the 6 month contract role in the IT department. I have the option to start the contract role while the CTC clearance process is going on. Since I am not the national of this country the CTC clearance process is taking more than the usual time (~35 working days). In my case it is been nearly 4 months and I am still waiting for the outcome.

Can you please answer the following queries:

1) If I start my contract and then come to know that my CTC clearance is rejected can I appeal? (Considering that I am not the permanent staff member.)

2) During the appeal process can I work?

3) On average how much time the appeal process takes?
    (Is it 28 working days?)

Since its a 6 month contract I am thinking to start the job rather than waiting for the CTC clearance process as I might finish my assignment and might not hear anything from the vetting team during that period.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

1. No, absolutely not. It is a binary decision relevant to the specific set of circumstances.

2. No appeal, so no answer

3. See above.

Also 4. CTC should take no more than a week or two. Either someone is sat on the paperwork, or the vetting agency has found something - God knows what - that you may be able to remedy. Take it up with the client's SSO or the vetting agency if you know who they are.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ensaeed View Post
      Hi All,

I am waiting for my CTC clearance as a requirement for the 6 month contract role in the IT department. I have the option to start the contract role while the CTC clearance process is going on. Since I am not the national of this country the CTC clearance process is taking more than the usual time (~35 working days). In my case it is been nearly 4 months and I am still waiting for the outcome.

1) If I start my contract and then come to know that my CTC clearance is rejected can I appeal? (Considering that I am not the permanent staff member.)

(Is it 28 working days?)

Since its a 6 month contract I am thinking to start the job rather than waiting for the CTC clearance process as I might finish my assignment and might not hear anything from the vetting team during that period.

Regards
      If you do start the contract make sure that payment is not linked to the success or failure of your application or you may find that you have worked for nothing.

Comment

As per the vetting agency, they are waiting for the reply from the external agencies.

As per the recruitment agent, there is a huge backlog.

Since I am not UK national, what I have read that vetting agency might contact the embassy of my home country.

I have an excellent credit history, no criminal record. Same applies to my wife.

I am not sure which external agencies are contacted for CTC?

What I have read, that police records,credit history and records from the security agencies are checked.

Comment

Hi All,

(Is it 28 working days?)

Regards
          4 months with no word suggests
          a) been rejected and not told
          b) forgotten

Nobody who requires clearance is likely to let you start without it.
          Appeal is unlikely if you were allowed to start and clearance failed.
          You probably would have difficulty in getting paid if your clearance failed.

Ask the agent what is happening.

Comment

Possibly even agent string you along?
            That happened to me years ago when I was looking for a permie job (it was SC )
            ...which is how I became a contractor.

I'd start looking for something else. Just to have a Plan B...........

Comment

As per the vetting agency, they are waiting for the reply from the external agencies.

As per the recruitment agent, there is a huge backlog.

Since I am not UK national, what I have read that vetting agency might contact the embassy of my home country.

I have an excellent credit history, no criminal record. Same applies to my wife.

I am not sure which external agencies are contacted for CTC?

What I have read, that police records,credit history and records from the security agencies are checked.
              Yes, yes but 4 months and still waiting for clearance?

What makes you think the contract is still awaiting you? Do you not think the agency would be constantly contacting you to ensure you are still committed if the job was open..?

The fact that you have to chase the agency suggests that nobody is waiting for you to start. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X