• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any opinions on Tata consulting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have an issue training people assuming they have a genuine interest in programming.

I have worked with some incredible offshore developers but sadly many more who treat development as a vocation and have very little interest in the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
      I don't have an issue training people assuming they have a genuine interest in programming.

I have worked with some incredible offshore developers but sadly many more who treat development as a vocation and have very little interest in the subject.
      If you're trying stay outside of IR35 and training is not part of your SoW, you should have an issue with training others.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

If you're trying stay outside of IR35 and training is not part of your SoW, you should have an issue with training others.
        There isn't much outside IR35 work in financial services.

Comment

There isn't much outside IR35 work in financial services.
          Even the work that is, probably isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Even the work that is, probably isn't.
            It never should have been either, if we're honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

It never should have been either, if we're honest.
              I agree but at the time we weren't given a choice and working through PLCs was mandatory.

Many of us didn't take the piss but many more did.

Comment

I agree but at the time we weren't given a choice and working through PLCs was mandatory.

Many of us didn't take the piss but many more did.
                And many people who couldn't justify to themselves that their work was outside IR35 ended up falling foul of a loan scheme.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                X