• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flu jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu jab

Had a flu jab today.

Something's vaguely ringing a bell that this can be put through as a business expense.

Is that right?

Oops - meant to post in accountancy!
    Last edited by mudskipper; 22 October 2014, 17:51.

Its only £12 or something aint it?

Saving £2.40 ????
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Saving £2.40 ????
      Yep, but just rang a bell as something the company could pay for, so why not?

But my accountant says it's BIK, so won't bother.

Although this link EIM21863 - Particular benefits: trivial benefits - examples uses it as an example of a 'trivial benefit', but no idea what that means.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Yep, but just rang a bell as something the company could pay for, so why not?

But my accountant says it's BIK, so won't bother.

Although this link EIM21863 - Particular benefits: trivial benefits - examples uses it as an example of a 'trivial benefit', but no idea what that means.
        If it's a trivial benefit, then you can claim it without incurring a BIK. Point out to your accountant the specific HMRC manual which mentions is and see why she says differently. Worrying that they think differently, unless they have a clear reason why they are right and the HMRC manuals are wrong.

There is a post on Contractor Weekly from 2011 about it, where "someone" mentions it in the comments
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          If it's a trivial benefit, then you can claim it without incurring a BIK. Point out to your accountant the specific HMRC manual which mentions is and see why she says differently. Worrying that they think differently, unless they have a clear reason why they are right and the HMRC manuals are wrong.

There is a post on Contractor Weekly from 2011 about it, where "someone" mentions it in the comments
          Thanks. I did just send her the link, so will see what she says. I'd just read that article, but never got as far as the comments

My arm hurts.

Comment

Thanks for the link MS.

It's explained how a company gave me and all their workers a bottle of wine as an Xmas gift. Others have said a company can't do this tax free.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Thanks for the link MS.

It's explained how a company gave me and all their workers a bottle of wine as an Xmas gift. Others have said a company can't do this tax free.
              Christmas turkey is a nice one as well, which I've done in the past.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Saving £2.40 ????
                Come to Yorkshire, only £9 and I got an extra discount on top too!

I put this in the more hassle than its worth expense category, if it means I get an extra billable day out of it its more than worth while!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Thanks. I did just send her the link, so will see what she says. I'd just read that article, but never got as far as the comments

My arm hurts.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Come to Yorkshire, only £9 and I got an extra discount on top too!
                    Get diabetes (or any decent quality illness / impairment) and you get it for free

Surgery rang me yesterday to say that if I wanted one, just to make an appointment to go get one. Don't think I can be bothered, though.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X