• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if he's going to push membership enrolment at every possible opportunity then he's clearly got some axe to grind, if it's not direct financial reward then it's some credibility gain or maintenance, seen this type of behaviour from committee members of organisations.

Frankly his claims to just being an interested member don't ring true, what that does to the credibility of the organisation in some peoples eyes is up to you to work out for yourself.

Comment

QDOS also have model contracts for free download.

They also do contract reviews, as do B&C and others.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Well if he's going to push membership enrolment at every possible opportunity then he's clearly got some axe to grind, if it's not direct financial reward then it's some credibility gain or maintenance, seen this type of behaviour from committee members of organisations.

Frankly his claims to just being an interested member don't ring true, what that does to the credibility of the organisation in some peoples eyes is up to you to work out for yourself.
        Sorry but if you're too dim to work out why suggesting that a new contractor looks at why they should consider joining IPSE then there's no point arguing. When I see QDOS successfully and credibly defending us in Westminster then I'll recommend them equally.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Disclaimer: I don't have an axe to grind, or a financial reward for recommending IPSE to potential new members.

To the OP: QDOS are good but didn't quite help me enough when I had my IR35 investigation. IPSE (as the PCG at the time) helped enormously and saved me £52k (the amount HMRC asked me to pay up).

PS- I don't agree with the article in the IPSE magazine about Scottish Independence, especially getting a unionist like Hamish MacDonell to write it. The summary does not represent what happened and is happening in Scotland. You should really have had both sides represented if you had to have an article about it. I would have argued about it in the IPSE fora but I know it won't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Sorry but if you're too dim to work out why suggesting that a new contractor looks at why they should consider joining IPSE then there's no point arguing. When I see QDOS successfully and credibly defending us in Westminster then I'll recommend them equally.
            If you hold the view that someone who doesn't agree with your view is dim, there's very little anyone can do about that or you in general.

When I hear of PCG/IPSE defending "us" in Westminster and actually getting anywhere or obtaining anything of substantive benefit then I may modify my view, at this point I regard IPSE (PCG) as a total failure which has only succeeded in saddling us with an Opt Out that the agencies use for blackmail and misinformation. I don't believe your beloved organisation is representative either.

If it wasn't for the insurance that goes along with the membership I doubt that a significant proportion of the membership would stay.

Batcher has quite sensibly pointed out the membership insurance helped him out to the tune of quite a lot of cash so he's supportive of the organisation, but his is the only tale I recall seeing along those lines.

Mal I really can't believe you're just an IPSE footsoldier member, not with all the advertising, spin and defensive argument you put up for the organisation, it's long past time that you declare your involvement in the management.

Comment

snip...

Mal I really can't believe you're just an IPSE footsoldier member, not with all the advertising, spin and defensive argument you put up for the organisation, it's long past time that you declare your involvement in the management.
              Simple. There isn't one. HTH.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If you hold the view that someone who doesn't agree with your view is dim, there's very little anyone can do about that or you in general.

When I hear of PCG/IPSE defending "us" in Westminster and actually getting anywhere or obtaining anything of substantive benefit then I may modify my view, at this point I regard IPSE (PCG) as a total failure which has only succeeded in saddling us with an Opt Out that the agencies use for blackmail and misinformation. I don't believe your beloved organisation is representative either.

If it wasn't for the insurance that goes along with the membership I doubt that a significant proportion of the membership would stay.

Batcher has quite sensibly pointed out the membership insurance helped him out to the tune of quite a lot of cash so he's supportive of the organisation, but his is the only tale I recall seeing along those lines.

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Simple. There isn't one. HTH.
                Actually, on that point, if you bother to look properly I only suggest people look at the IPSE website who are either new to the game or clearly don't know the level of resources they offer working contractors. I don't promote the political side, I one ever try to explain why they do what they do. As I've said before, don't listen if you don't want to, but let's let other people make their own decisions. Which they can't if they don't know IPSE are there.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                X