• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breach of contract....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
    What does you contract say?

Even if there is genuinely 'no work no pay' it doesn't mean the other party actually understands the contract they have signed, in which case don't look a gift horse in the mouth and take what you can if they are offering to give you some compensation.
    It's pretty interesting, actually. It would appear I have to be given a set number of days notice or a penalty clause kicks in. There's some other info which I don't quite understand so I've got someone looking at it for me, but at the very least I should be able to get one week's worth of dosh. To which I would of course say, thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Gosh, you really don't have much luck - it was only in June that you were asking about whether the client / agency can pull the rug when you have accepted and turned down other work.

Anyway, work out what your losses have been. Work out what you think they will pay, and charge that.

And if you have IPSE+ then see if there is anything you can claim on their policy for business interruption for.
      Oh I don't know, considering that was my first negative experience in some years of contracting, I think I've been pretty much blessed. Even this has turned out well; we all know 'no work no pay' to be the general rule of thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        1. PCG is now called IPSE
        INKSPE?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X