• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TheCVWriters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheCVWriters

Anyone else being bothered by a bunch of jokers called TheCVWriters.co.uk?

I've started getting emails from them thanking me by name for submitting my CV to them for a review (which I didn't) and then providing some generic CV advice.

I assume they're just fishing, unless some dodgy agent has started passing on CVs to them...

Originally posted by Kess View Post
    Anyone else being bothered by a bunch of jokers called TheCVWriters.co.uk?

I've started getting emails from them thanking me by name for submitting my CV to them for a review (which I didn't) and then providing some generic CV advice.

I assume they're just fishing, unless some dodgy agent has started passing on CVs to them...
    Either or both are entirely likely, odds are they've pulled a load from Jobserve or nabbed an email list off some agent.

I did have some CV writing bunch trying it on with me a few months ago, it's fairly common.

Comment

I got a similar email but from professionalcvwizard.co.uk. I blocked the email address and deleted the email.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        I got a similar email but from professionalcvwizard.co.uk. I blocked the email address and deleted the email.
        Looks like Google has picked up on these jokers as I had 2 emails from them this week which went straight to my spam folder

Comment

I always get these emails when I upload a new CV on the job boards. Especially Monster

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            I always get these emails when I upload a new CV on the job boards. Especially Monster
            This is also the trigger for me receiving these emails. Can't pinpoint which one as I upload to a few at the same time. They probably crawl through all of them though.

Comment

Isn't the unsolicited mail plain and simple or are they classed as a partner to the job sites and somewhere the small print will say partners can contact you?

Someone ought to pull them up if they are blatantly lying even if they aren't spamming.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If everyone adds the address as spam, especially on gmail, then if enough people do it, the address does eventually get added to the Google spam register. Think Hotmail has the same sort of setup.
                Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I run my own mail server, so I can put anything to the left of @. I use a unique handle every time I'm asked for an e-mail address.
                  In gmail you can put dots everywhere you like, for example:[email protected] can also be my.mail or m.y.mail etc etc and the mail still arrives. This way I know who is spamming me or selling my data on to third parties.

Comment

Working...
                  X