• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WiPro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would never work for an Indian outfit in a million years, have seen the caliber of resource first hand too many times. Outsourcing to eastern Europe seems to produce much better results, is it because of a more aligned cultural fit or does the sheer number of Indian IT bods mean that you are statistically more likely to end up working with muppets?

Comment

I have no problem working with Indian guys and have done very successfully in previous roles elsewhere both on site and off shore. On the project I'm on there's about the usual mix of useless people and superstars that I've seen elsewhere. Where they really let themselves down is on repeatable processes and standards. The project I'm on is the type that they have done hundreds of times, but it always seems like we're doing it for the first time as no one can provide standards or templates etc.

They also have the usual issue with an Indian heavy outsourcer where you have a constant churn of resources as they often have to go back for visa reasons. And I've seen them treat their permie guys atrociously.

Anyway, contract ends soon and I've told my agent not to bother with an extension.

Comment

I've worked with many Indian guys and girls in quite a few companies.

Some are good.

Some are bad.

Some are a lot better than the locals on blighty.

My gut feeling is the ones working within the big consultancies are usually trapped in manager pleasing bureaucracy however the ones that break free and go contracting are pretty good. They have to be to survive.
        Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
        X