• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AWR Status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWR Status

Good evening,

Has anyone had experience of an agency using an AWR status sheet, I have had a contract reviewed in respect to IR35 and the only real issue was the wording in respect to the fact that it mentioned in a section about AWR that it was "not necessarily accepted" which could imply that it is.

Now the agency use an additional AWR sheet that you as the consultancy complete to show how you are delivering the services and as a limited company I am delivering the services as a business under my own right (e.g. outside of IR35)

On this form you have the other options i,e under direction and control, via umbrella company, as an employee or other.

Now I am guessing although the concern on the contract was highlighted the completion of the AWR status declaration form actually clarifies the situation as this clearly shows how the services are being delivered.

Has anyone had experience of this before?

Lee

I know that you would have to demonstrate you are in fact a limited company and not an agency working just going though a limited company to side step etc but was more interested in the aspect of having an additional form that you complete that initial states it does not apply in addition to the contract.

I am guessing that as the form is submitted with the contract it actually shows very clearly the relationship but then you need to prove that the relationship is actually correct in practice as opposed to just a box ticked on a form

Comment

Have a dig through this lot. Your answer is in there.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site....3.Fdr6WxG_T8g
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi, I had done the usual searches and read a decent amount before my post but trying to get as much information together as I can so I don't make basic mistakes (again)

My view was the contract and decleration together prove on paper how I will be working so this is fine but when it comes down to it I will need to show through working practices that the decleration was indeed correct and not just a quick signature.

I guess the decleration is like signing anything it really, it is an ok starting point from a contract point of view but ultimately once it's signed the working practices need to actually prove what you signed for was correct.

Comment

Working...
        X