• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wish they would stop talking the EU down..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they would stop talking the EU down..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-roll-out.html

Speaking to France Inter, Mr Barnier said: 'I recognise that there were administrative problems, bureaucracy [within the EU].

'There was an almost ideological mistrust of public-private partnerships. We don’t know how to take risks.

'The British took risks by financing the private sector. The Americans took risks. We don’t know how to do that yet.'

He added that 'lessons' should be learned from the current crisis, including whether countries could be given more powers to act independently of Brussels in the future because independent nations are capable of moving quicker than blocs.

But he continued to insist that signing vaccine contracts outside the EU would have been a bad idea, because it would have meant smaller countries getting left behind.

'That is not, in my view, the philosophy of the EU,' he added.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Working...
X