• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minimum Corporate Tax rate to be imposed on the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the billionaire's resident in Monaco and Luxembourg are quaking in their designer boots yet?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Luxembourg and Monaco don't need to worry as they're on the "Board". I remember when Switzerland got hammered when the US got tough on offshore financial centres, Luxembourg got a free pass.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Luxembourg and Monaco don't need to worry as they're on the "Board". I remember when Switzerland got hammered when the US got tough on offshore financial centres, Luxembourg got a free pass.
        What about https://nltimes.nl/2021/03/09/nether...gest-tax-haven and https://www.europaunited.eu/ireland-...est-tax-haven/ ???
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Bring back Trump!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Luxembourg's won't matter if (as Biden proposed) multinationals will start paying corp tax where sales actually happen, since relatively feck all sold in Luxembourg they might even close their eyes on their corp tax levels, it's not clear why would a minimum tax be necessary if the plan is so good.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Luxembourg's won't matter if (as Biden proposed) multinationals will start paying corp tax where sales actually happen, since relatively feck all sold in Luxembourg they might even close their eyes on their corp tax levels, it's not clear why would a minimum tax be necessary if the plan is so good.
              Best of luck with that theory. Corporation tax is applied at the place of registration. And just for good measure, Amazon make sure they make a loss (or profits so small they're barely worth taxing) in high-value markets. The best governments can do is impose a sales tax, but the customer pays all of that.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Best of luck with that theory. Corporation tax is applied at the place of registration.
                It's not a theory, it's what been proposed for many years and was mainly blocked by the USA, which is no longer the case.

Comment

Working...
                X