• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yorkshire lobster exporter says Brexit costs have forced it to close

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting for native british lobster to appear in the supermarket. All I ever see is frozen Canadian rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      I'm still waiting for native british lobster to appear in the supermarket. All I ever see is frozen Canadian rubbish.
      He's probably not happy for it for right now.

back on topic: you are probably not shopping in the right place. and supermarkerts dictate what you can put on the table and what not.

you won't find quality food in mainstream supermarkets because the old boys club fears you will get used to it and ask for more of that. then they can't sell you junk for an hefty price. it's just how monopolies work.

for people that are sceptical, just look what France, Norway, Sweden or at least a good part of EU have on their shelves. you'd see better quality products.

please spare me the nonsense that people just are cheap and just want that. Someone is making the decisions for them. Always.
      Last edited by GigiBronz; 10 February 2021, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        According to the article, he voted to remain.
        Ah, ok, feel sorry for him then.

I don't read the articles, I just comment on them
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Well you can luckily buy Cornish blue at "cost price" of £16 a kilo down from £24 retail. Oddly Tesco are selling on their website in 100g quantities :- Shropshire Blue at £12.30 a kilo, Blacksticks Blue at £13.34, Barnstone blue at £13/K, Stilton £11.63.

Or maybe people are taking advantage of the situation and charging top dollar?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X