• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh praise be to Brexit!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh praise be to Brexit!

I had to pop out and pick up some essential supplies so I wandered down the high street past 3 supermarkets stuffed with Fruit & Veg, two greengrocer shops similarly attired and in ALDi there was a man pulling pallets of veg and restocking the shelves so they were completely full. I popped into Iceland (mm Greggs steak slices) and they were even marking down little gem lettuces, tomatoes and turnips because they had too many. How profligate.

It was like the fruit & veg Armageddon had never happened.

Praise be to Brexit. I call this the Parable of the Mooli and two Brussel sprouts where the supermarkets produced fresh produce despite the storm raging in Dover.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Aldi had notices last week that they had reduced their range and some advertised special offers will not be available due to logistics issues; it will get worse.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

WGAS
      Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I had to pop out and pick up some essential supplies so I wandered down the high street past 3 supermarkets stuffed with Fruit & Veg, two greengrocer shops similarly attired and in ALDi there was a man pulling pallets of veg and restocking the shelves so they were completely full. I popped into Iceland (mm Greggs steak slices) and they were even marking down little gem lettuces, tomatoes and turnips because they had too many. How profligate.

It was like the fruit & veg Armageddon had never happened.

Praise be to Brexit. I call this the Parable of the Mooli and two Brussel sprouts where the supermarkets produced fresh produce despite the storm raging in Dover.
      Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
      X