• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Blair: I would have voted for Boris Johnson's post-Brexit trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Blair: I would have voted for Boris Johnson's post-Brexit trade deal

"Tony Blair, who was one of the most prominent campaigners for a second referendum on EU membership, has said he would have backed Boris Johnson’s post-Brexit trade deal with Brussels in the Commons.

The former prime minister revealed he would have supported the Labour leader, Keir Starmer, who whipped his MPs to vote in favour of the prime minister’s agreement with the EU last week before the end of the transition period.

Starmer – who also backed remain during the 2016 vote as well as calling for a second referendum in 2019 while serving as the shadow Brexit secretary – faced pressure from his own party ranks over his decision to support the deal, despite criticising it as “thin”."

Tony Blair: I would have voted for Boris Johnson's post-Brexit trade deal | Tony Blair | The Guardian

So ex politician would have supported Boris's deal over a no-deal. Good to know.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

QED

Comment

Working...
      X