• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The 1,246-page document, which includes about 800 pages of annexes and footnotes, has been seen by the BBC."

Brexit: EU diplomats get trade deal briefing - BBC News

More pages to explain the treaty than the treaty itself

What happened to the other 754 pages??

It was reported as being a 2,000 page document yesterday.

Do I need to dust off my tin foil hat?

Comment

They tried to keep a list of known CUK expat sockies as part of the Treaty but have given up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Owning a good tin foil hat always comes of good use. Sometimes it is good for role playing with yourself and if the ideas make sense maybe they are not so wrong.

In this case probably might not be the case and if they are putting an effort to obfuscate some things you’d be sure the other party would leak them after the deal is sealed.

Those paradise islands papers and all the other staff was released particularly close to brexit vote...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          What happened to the other 754 pages??

It was reported as being a 2,000 page document yesterday.

There are 800 pages of footnotes and references at the end.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Surely there will be footnotes to the footnotes?

And if there ain't then it begs a question - if they could write 800 pages of footnotes without requiring their own footnotes, then how come they could not do the same for 500 pages of the supposed main text?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              There are 800 pages of footnotes and references at the end.
              But AtW said that includes the footnotes

Comment

BBC said it, but I do like your equivalence

Comment

"The 1,246-page document, which includes about 800 pages of annexes and footnotes, has been seen by the BBC"

Looks pretty reasonable from what both righty and lefty papers are saying. We can all read the 1246 pages, give us summit to do during the next lockdown.

PS I've read them already.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

FOAtW x 500 x 1246 ?

Comment

Working...
                    X