• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Navy prepares to protect British fishing waters if there is no deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much of the fish that goes to the EU is fish that British people don't eat. Now you're going to have to eat it if the fishermen want to earn a living
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You really are a monumental bell-end. The UK will have the 84% which currently goes to the EU. Which is more than plenty, and should ensure that stocks in UK waters are plentiful for the foreseeable, rather than being plundered under the terrible stewardship of the EU.
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Was waiting for a gammon to say that. What they don't realise is that other countries have also navies to protect their waters, let's see what happens when a British fishing boat gets sunk for fishing illegally in EU waters.
      I think we've seen that before. Google "Trafalgar" and see what you get!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I think we've seen that before. Google "Trafalgar" and see what you get!
        You tell ‘em sarg!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Brexters have been saying the EU had nothing to do with peace in Europe. However, within less than a year of the UK leaving, the UK is threatening France with warships and boarding French vessels which is an act of war.

Maybe if the French hadn't threatened piracy or at least outright theft the Royal Navy wouldn't be involved?

EU would as usual ignore any threat and run up the white flag.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Lets see, Ireland is part of the EU, maybe they could just say to the French that you're more than welcome to fish in our EEZ
            that would piss the Irish off.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally Posted by a Nasty Little Racist:
              Was waiting for a gammon to say that. What they don't realise is that other countries have also navies to protect their waters, let's see what happens when a British fishing boat gets sunk for fishing illegally in EU waters.
              Why would a UK fishing boat need to go fishing in foreign waters now, you stupid racist twat?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It’s just bloody embarrassing now.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
                  proud of our navy, keep those Frenchies away from our cod
                  Says troll from a land-locked European country...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    And you’re a bloody idiot for being triggered by a troll who wouldn’t know a Navy vessel if it turned up in his duck pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Why would a UK fishing boat need to go fishing in foreign waters now, you stupid racist twat?
                      And you’re a bloody idiot for being triggered by a bloody idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X