• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep music British!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    geez, you're as tedious as John the Bike and Rogerfederererererererererer

FFS.

It's the whole belief thing that musical instruments weigh nothing, cost nothing, take up no space, transport themselves to locations, set themselves up and work at the right levels.
    And that gigging musicians make a fortune.

Not sure about you, but most non-ticketed venues I've played at (i.e. pubs), you might get a meal, you'll get a couple of beers per person, and maybe some petrol money.
    That's how it works in Nashville as well. The bands do not get paid to play in the bars. They turn up, set their tip bucket at the front of the stage, then play for an hour.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It's the whole belief thing that musical instruments weigh nothing, cost nothing, take up no space, transport themselves to locations, set themselves up and work at the right levels.

Not sure about you, but most non-ticketed venues I've played at (i.e. pubs), you might get a meal, you'll get a couple of beers per person, and maybe some petrol money.
      That's how it works in Nashville as well. The bands do not get paid to play in the bars. They turn up, set their tip bucket at the front of the stage, then play for an hour.
      Do we have a shortage of UK bands?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Do we have a shortage of UK bands?
        Do you only want to allow the UK public to listen to UK bands?

Comment

Yopu would earn loads of money. Just add a note saying you will stop when there are enough tips.....

Comment

Do you only want to allow the UK public to listen to UK bands?
            Most of the music I listen to is via Amazon Music/Youtube/Radio so it's made all over the world.

Not really come across any bands who do not tour the UK who I would want to go and see....

But if I did I would check to see whether they plan on touring the UK and if not see where they are touring and go visit that country.

I can go to the music as much as expect the music to come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14

FFS.

By your own weird logic, you shouldn't reply to that post - as BR14 was replying to me
              (Or did you assume he meant you as he mentioned 'tedious'?)

Maybe you could do with a break off this forum?

PS. You haven't answered any of my questions, or retracted your completely refuted, false claims about my derailing the thread
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

FFS.
                Put me on ignore then, problem solved - why continue to whine like an old woman?

Are you an old woman?, in which case, I apologise, I forgive old women for whining - they've lived through a lot!
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

But if I did I would check to see whether they plan on touring the UK and if not see where they are touring and go visit that country.

I can go to the music as much as expect the music to come to me.

Ah, freedom of movement - a wonderful thing.

Comment

Ah, freedom of movement - a wonderful thing.
                    Australia, Canada & United States have freedom of movement with the EU?

Wonderful...
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                      Australia, Canada & United States have freedom of movement with the EU?

Wonderful...
                      You'd need to ask OPM - he's the one who wants to travel the world to see bands that aren't British and won't be performing in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X