• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE webinar: What does a post IR35 reform CV look like? : Mon, May 10, 2021 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM BST More details here.

Brexit RomComm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Brexit RomComm

    It's like a classic will-they-won't-they near the end of the penultimate act.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

    #2
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's like a classic will-they-won't-they near the end of the penultimate act.
    Four elections and a referendum, starring Hugh Grant as David Cameron.....

    Comment


      #3
      So even if they DID agree a deal in the next few days, in what way would that be 'agreed' in any practical way? Customs and borders and all that can't just implement new measures overnight.

      Could the deal say that things stay exactly as they are while those things are implemented, or is the way it's supposed to work all those transitions are in place by B-day for a seamless switch?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

      Comment


        #4
        It would be funny if BoJo got a deal and then parliament rejected it.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          So even if they DID agree a deal in the next few days, in what way would that be 'agreed' in any practical way? Customs and borders and all that can't just implement new measures overnight.

          Could the deal say that things stay exactly as they are while those things are implemented, or is the way it's supposed to work all those transitions are in place by B-day for a seamless switch?
          There's supposed to be a 2 year transition period. So nothing changes overnight. Or probably ever...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            There's supposed to be a 2 year transition period. So nothing changes overnight. Or probably ever...
            It's about a decade to finalise a deal with the EU. Probably 2 decades to replicate the deals (on worse terms) with other countries that we already had via the EU (who used collective clout to negotiate very good deals). And in between the US will be picking the juicy bits out of the carcass that used to be the UK.

            Well done, stupids.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              There's supposed to be a 2 year transition period. So nothing changes overnight. Or probably ever...
              In the year 2525, Brexit will still be alive.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                It's like a classic will-they-won't-they near the end of the penultimate act.
                More like pure comedy....

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  So even if they DID agree a deal in the next few days, in what way would that be 'agreed' in any practical way? Customs and borders and all that can't just implement new measures overnight.

                  Could the deal say that things stay exactly as they are while those things are implemented, or is the way it's supposed to work all those transitions are in place by B-day for a seamless switch?
                  A “deal” will need to be a Withdrawal Agreement. It needs to be agreed, then approved by both the EU plus our own Parliament, and then supporting legislation needs to be completed.

                  If it’s a twist on the existing WA then there’s a transition period included, so it doesn’t all need to be in place by B-day. We will need to seek an extension to be able to get the supporting legislation in place though.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    In the year 2525, Brexit will still be alive.
                    Thank you Mr Zager and Mr Evans!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X