• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been reading the de facto President of the UK, Dominic Cummings, writings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been reading the de facto President of the UK, Dominic Cummings, writings

Jeez. The man is mad as a box of frogs. I'd warrant he's mentally ill. And not terribly bright either. Not a great combination.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Here's a sample:

"this blog looks at an intersection of decision-making, technology, high performance teams and government. It sketches some ideas of physicist Michael Nielsen about cognitive technologies and of computer visionary Bret Victor about the creation of dynamic tools to help understand complex systems and ‘argue with evidence’, such as ‘tools for authoring dynamic documents’, and ‘Seeing Rooms’ for decision-makers — i.e rooms designed to support decisions in complex environments. It compares normal Cabinet rooms, such as that used in summer 1914 or October 1962, with state-of-the-art Seeing Rooms. There is very powerful feedback between: a) creating dynamic tools to see complex systems deeper (to see inside, see across time, and see across possibilities), thus making it easier to work with reliable knowledge and interactive quantitative models, semi-automating error-correction etc, and b) the potential for big improvements in the performance of political and government decision-making."

Typical bulltulip from a non-STEM thicko (BA (Hons) History).
    Maybe he should start with writing a "Hello World" program in BASIC.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Feck me. This fool is now running the country. What the fook have you wrought, you fooking thick Brexiters?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

According to dear old Call Me Dave, Cummings is a "career psychopath".

Nice to know who's pulling Boris's strings.

Doomed etc.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Guy Fawkes had the right idea.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Jeez. The man is mad as a box of frogs. I'd warrant he's mentally ill. And not terribly bright either. Not a great combination.
          It sounds like you and he were separated at birth.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
          X