• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So if Boris can't get a GE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    you are still missing the point.
    You haven't got a point. You never have. Your mind is meandering from one fuzzy memory to another, synapses unlinked.

Individuals, however few or many of them there are, and based on what I was told in Donegal, there are many, received direct grants from the EU to build and renovate their properties.
    So, unnamed individuals and unnamed sources.
    Maybe some of the unnamed individuals were property developers, businesses legitimately applying for EU funding?
    Maybe your thousands of sources were relaying tales that they couldn't back up.

I'm not aware of anyone living locally to me who received a grant directly from the EU to do the same. Yes, Wales itself was a major recipient of EU funds, but those funds didn't go directly to individuals.
    You're not aware of any, but you've not asked all your sources in Wales to see if any of them have heard of, or made up, such stories.

GBP14 Million EU Funding Available for Business Growth
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

well, I was assuming that the no deal Brexit would have been illegal by then, judging on what I'm hearing on the BBC. But then, they are biased, so who knows. Jeremy has said he would only vote for a GE when a no deal Brexit was made illegal.
      Johnson cannot be trusted to comply with the law. Best wait until the exit date has been delayed and then call the election.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You haven't got a point. You never have. Your mind is meandering from one fuzzy memory to another, synapses unlinked.

So, unnamed individuals and unnamed sources.
        Maybe some of the unnamed individuals were property developers, businesses legitimately applying for EU funding?
        Maybe your thousands of sources were relaying tales that they couldn't back up.

You're not aware of any, but you've not asked all your sources in Wales to see if any of them have heard of, or made up, such stories.

GBP14 Million EU Funding Available for Business Growth
        I see you haven't mentioned the Welsh tax issue then! So am I right or wrong on that issue?

I see this as a general trend here. Many are eager to criticise my opinions, but when faced with a strong challenge to their opinions, they keep quiet as you have done on the Welsh tax issue.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Nice trolling there. You've lost another argument, so you move the goalposts.

Tell me exactly where I said that I denied that any individuals in the RoI received EU grants?

Perhaps you'd care to name the multitude of individuals you know of that definitely "received generous EU grants to build new properties and renovate old ones" and perhaps you'd like to talk about the funding the EU generously poured into Wales, one of the lowest tax contributor areas of the UK.
          According to European Commission figures, Ireland’s net gain from EU budgets has been €44.6 billion since 1976.

So most of the bloody Irish population judging by the amounts involved!

Nama probably has the exact figures and recipients.

Although some of the money seems to have been claimed fraudulently... Garda inquiry into EU grant fraud
          Last edited by Zigenare; 5 September 2019, 13:16.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Johnson cannot be trusted to comply with the law. Best wait until the exit date has been delayed and then call the election.
            OK, so if you believe he can't be trusted to abide by the law, and I'm not questioning that opinion, how could Parliament force him to negotiate an extension? He could just not comply.

Comment

I see you haven't mentioned the Welsh tax issue then! So am I right or wrong on that issue?

I see this as a general trend here. Many are eager to criticise my opinions, but when faced with a strong challenge to their opinions, they keep quiet as you have done on the Welsh tax issue.
              I think is more likely they gave up on you...
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

OK, so if you believe he can't be trusted to abide by the law, and I'm not questioning that opinion, how could Parliament force him to negotiate an extension? He could just not comply.
                Here is a good example... I give up!
                "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  According to European Commission figures, Ireland’s net gain from EU budgets has been €44.6 billion since 1976.

So most of the bloody Irish population judging by the amounts involved!

Nama probably has the exact figures and recipients.

Although some of the money seems to have been claimed fraudulently... Garda inquiry into EU grant fraud
                  According to European Commission figures, Ireland’s net gain from EU budgets has been €44.6 billion since 1976
                  and are there any figures to indicate how much of that amount has been invested in the ROI infrastructure?

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                    Here is a good example... I give up!
                    why?

Comment

and are there any figures to indicate how much of that amount has been invested in the ROI infrastructure?
                      Judging by the state of Ireland I'd suggest about 3 shillings and sixpence.

In contrast, these are the UK's net contributions to the EU since 2013

2013 - £10,465m
                      2014 - £9,779m
                      2015 - £10,763m
                      2016 - £9,626m
                      2017 - £8,909m
                      2018 - £8,925m
                      Total - £58,467,000,000

We could've bought Ireland and gold plated the bastard place!
                      Last edited by Zigenare; 5 September 2019, 13:33.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X