• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving up control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The UK joined the EU as the Sick Man of Europe and is leaving the EU like the village idiot's illicit off-spring.

well, you'll know how that feels

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      Agreed, but I believe the main reason they don't take that seriously is probably because the majority of British parliament aren't serious about leaving... and last time I checked they are who called the shots!
      The MPs are under the same delusion as you seem to be. Sooner or later they'll realise we can vote them out of a job just as quickly as we voted them in.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The UK joined the EU as the Sick Man of Europe and is leaving the EU like the village idiot's illicit off-spring.

You'll soon know what it's like to be the village idiot's bastard offspring when you are bailing out half of southern Europe, and we're not. Be sure to let us know what it's like though, if Brexit is anything like as bad as you say it's going to be, we might need cheering up a bit...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Wow the village idiot comment really wound you up. Must be some truth in it. I mean who votes to cut off trade agreements with a 100+ countries at a time when they are most needed? Idiot.

Turns out tough medicine pays dividends. Medicine the UK will soon need. But with only 9 weeks of medicine supplies left...

European Stability Mechanism successfully boosts Greek economy

The Greek stock market is surprisingly poised for its best performance in 20 years
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Turns out tough medicine pays dividends.
            Of course rich greeks were almost unaffected. It was the poor that suffered.

As long as the Euro project rolls on, who cares eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Of course rich greeks were almost unaffected. It was the poor that suffered.

As long as the Euro project rolls on, who cares eh?
              Why? Greek house prices crashed. The almost halved in value.

How is this bad for the poor ?
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Quite fascinating in 2009 all the Eurosceptics were predicting Greece would collapse and it was impossible to recover whilst they stayed in the Euro. Unemployment has fallen significantly and the stock market is soaring.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Why? Greek house prices crashed. The almost halved in value.

How is this bad for the poor ?
                  That is a good effect!

Sadly it is nothing the only one. Just one example Greek debt crisis: 'I wasn't paid for two years' - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    That is a good effect!

Sadly it is nothing the only one. Just one example Greek debt crisis: 'I wasn't paid for two years' - BBC News
                    Was he contracting for Wipro?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Giving up control

The lessons learned for the Greeks, just like Iceland... be careful who you vote for. Populists promising everything are the same the world over. Corrupt, power hungry, and will sell out their country for personal benefit.

You voted for Bojo, now wait for consequences.
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 22 August 2019, 12:30.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X