• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK must accept US food standards in trade deal, says a nobody

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    American food standards have done this average American any harm!

SimonMac?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      imagine replacing imports from across the English channel to across the Atlantic ocean. Hum dinging. Sweating poultry sailing across the Atlantic on its 2-week journey not to mention the carbon footprint.

Historians will write tales of these days as our grandchildren look onwards in disbelief.
      You are poorly informed on this subject. I'll refrain from calling you a dummy, but Chicken from the US is much likely much better than the tulip we get from:

"Brazil and Thailand together account for around 86% of the chicken imported by the EU"

EU rejects more poultry from Thailand, less from Brazil :: IEG Vu

Comment

You are poorly informed on this subject. I'll refrain from calling you a dummy,
        I'll do it for you, then.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Selfie?
          No. It's you mum. I'm surprised you don't recognise her, although perhaps you never knew her

Comment

UK must accept US food standards in trade deal, says a nobody

You are poorly informed on this subject. I'll refrain from calling you a dummy, but Chicken from the US is much likely much better than the tulip we get from:

"Brazil and Thailand together account for around 86% of the chicken imported by the EU"

EU rejects more poultry from Thailand, less from Brazil :: IEG Vu
            Do you even read the tulip you post?

An analysis of recent figures shows that just six Brazilian chicken consignments were turned back at EU ports between May 1 and August 15. This compares with 27 RASFF notifications of Salmonella in Polish poultry. A further 17 notifications involved poultry from other EU countries including France, Netherlands and UK*.

When it comes to non-EU countries, Brazil’s six notifications compares with eight in poultry from Thailand and three in poultry from Chile.
            So a grand total of 17 notifications, compared to 17 from EU countries including the UK. Sounds like their standards are reasonably comparable.

Now I can’t be bothered looking for recent figures, but the first Google hit in Wikipedia says about the USA:

The U.S. government reported as many as 20% of all chickens were contaminated with Salmonella in the late 1990s, and 16.3% were contaminated in 2005
            Salmonellosis in the United States - Wikipedia

How many notifications do you think there would be from 20% of all ******* chickens?

Comment

Rather be poorly informed than a bold faced liar so suit my agenda. What is it with populists and lying?

This is where the UK gets its poultry from. Is it big enough enough for you?

source: chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://pork.ahdb.org.uk/media/275384/poultry-pocketbook-2018.pdf

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                ]

How many notifications do you think there would be from 20% of all ******* chickens?
                After Brexit, probably none... :S

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                  Planet earth will get rid of us sooner than that.
                  at the rate that population is expanding, we will pollute this planet with our effluent well before any other disasters will overtake us. That possibility is never mentioned in the Doomsday debates.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                    at the rate that population is expanding
                    MF certainly is.

Comment

I’m surprised Dull John hasn’t turned up to deflect the thread away from poor food production methods in the US
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X