• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish renege on debt owed to UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Yes, it will.

And the three main heads of any agreement with the EU will consist of citizens rights, the U.K. border on the island of Ireland, and the financial settlement. Whether this happens before October, or whether the U.K. leaves with no deal and then seeks a trade agreement afterwards, makes no difference. Those are the three things that need to be settled before any future relationship is discussed.

Honestly, this has been told to Brexiters time and time again. Are your ears painted on?
    So, the money that the British tax payer loaned to the irish government has now been tied to the divorce bill?

Talk about "what-a-boutery"!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      So, the money that the British tax payer loaned to the irish government has now been tied to the divorce bill?

Talk about "what-a-boutery"!
      Great Scott man, I know it’s hot but are you on the sauce already?

Of course it isn’t tied, my first post was in jest, before you went rambling off about how the Withdrawal agreement something something.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Something tells me this thread is in the wrong sub forum...

Something tells me you're right.

But then again, what do you expect from someone who thinks agreements are bad and should be avoided/broken and to hell with the consequences.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Something tells me you're right.

But then again, what do you expect from someone who thinks agreements are bad and should be avoided/broken and to hell with the consequences.
          Awww, something tells me you need a hug.

But in the meantime, agreements are renegotiated all the time.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

They still won't be able to afford to repay.

Never mind, maybe the Germans will help.
            Irish national debt:

UK national debt:

Comment

Awww, something tells me you need a hug.

But in the meantime, agreements are renegotiated all the time.

You happy to renegotiate the Belfast Agreement?

Comment

You happy to renegotiate the Belfast Agreement?
                You mean the Belfast Appeasement?

Damn right I'm happy to renegotiate that.

Comment

You mean the Belfast Appeasement?

Damn right I'm happy to renegotiate that.

You and Fromage donning khaki and picking up rifles on the frontline?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Just leave the EU and don't pay.

No one is going to enforce a hard border with Ireland. Don't pay this divorce bill.

If EU want a trade war, then we can hardly protect them in Nato. So pull out of that. Trump will love it.

Lets see how long the EU sticks together in a trade war, imagine having a country with an economy the twice the size of Russia and nuclear weapons as a neighbour and pissing them off.

It's going to be great. Like the old days.
                    The EU will enforce a hard border. Ireland can just join Schengen a much larger free movement area then the UK and Ireland
                    Nice neighbour you are woohoo, threatening the EU with nuclear obliteration (remember France has them as well and they don't need permission from the US to use them)

Comment

You and Fromage donning khaki and picking up rifles on the frontline?
                      Are you a practicing **** or a fully qualified one?

Comment

Working...
                      X