• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear™: Brexit bill: Cabinet backs PM's Brexit compromises offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I don't think he'd be afraid to call a GE. The Tory party needs a clear out anyway, let them resign the whip.

Comment

OOhh interesting.

A vote on a second referendum and a vote on a customs union. Vote the bill down and it's either cancel Brexit or a GE.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

A vote to allow vote?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          A vote to allow vote?
          But is it only an indicative vote which she will ignore and ask again
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            OOhh interesting.

A vote on a second referendum and a vote on a customs union. Vote the bill down and it's either cancel Brexit or a GE.
            Quite possibly. In which case most Tory MP's will vote to save their skins and cancel Brexit. Without Boris leading, they'll lose the next GE anyway, whether it's in 6 months or 2022, so I reckon they'll shoot for 2022, led by May or someone else equally poor. Can't see them choosing Boris, they are too cowardly.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              "It includes the idea of a temporary customs relationship until the next general election, and measures on the environment and workers' rights. "

Brexit bill: Cabinet backs PM's Brexit compromises offer - BBC News

What a con: Tory Con™
              Has May asked the EU if they are willing to agree to a tempory customs union until a GE?
              If I spoke for the EU, I would say that is a non-starter.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
              X