• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone going to vote Tory or Labour in the EU elections?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone going to vote Tory or Labour in the EU elections?

If so, why?

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    If so, why?
    I expect a few will. Mainly out of habit.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Nah I voted to leave and so do not recognise this election so will not be voting.

or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        I expect a few will. Mainly out of habit.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
        we all know that if a donkey stands in a Conservative area with a blue ribbon adorned, then it will get elected. The same goes for donkeys adorned with red ribbons in Labour areas. I don't even know who my local AM is or my MEP is, but I suspect they are Labour. There are many who will just vote for anyone as long as they do not represent the predominant local party. In Wales, we do have Plaid Cymru, whom my father always called "Welsh Tories", but then he was 0.001 inch right of being a Communist.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          I expect a few will. Mainly because they are s

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            we all know that if a donkey stands in a Conservative area with a blue ribbon adorned, then it will get elected. The same goes for donkeys adorned with red ribbons in Labour areas. I don't even know who my local AM is or my MEP is, but I suspect they are Labour. There are many who will just vote for anyone as long as they do not represent the predominant local party. In Wales, we do have Plaid Cymru, whom my father always called "Welsh Tories", but then he was 0.001 inch right of being a Communist.
            The EU elections have an proportional representation element to it, the UK is split up in regions with a certain amount of seats allocated to each region, so much bigger chance that other parties get elected as well and no need to vote tactically.

Comment

I guess that's why Tory Scum is against EU - under proportional representation they'd be wiped out, their scam only works in First Past the Post system where there is just one other party against them.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I guess that's why Tory Scum is against EU - under proportional representation they'd be wiped out, their scam only works in First Past the Post system where there is just one other party against them.
                The UK had a referendum in 2011 on this. I did not like the decision but I accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The UK had a referendum in 2011 on this. I did not like the decision but I accept it.
                  Referendum was on Alternative Vote, not Proportional Representation

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The UK had a referendum in 2011 on this. I did not understand it but I accept it.
                    FTFY

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Referendum was on Alternative Vote, not Proportional Representation

Comment

Working...
                    X