• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May accuses Corbyn of disrespecting democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

To ignore the 48% would be anti-democratic
    No it wouldn't. Anti-Democratic would be ignoring the 52%.

anti-democratic
    Adjective
    opposing the democratic process or democracy, especially by the use of force
    enforcing views contrary to that of a majority of the public

HTH BISDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Is it anti-democratic to ignore results of the previous general election and run a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

anti-democratic
        Adjective

HTH BISDI

A referendum is not enforcing any view contrary to that of the majority of the public. It is establishing those views, with reference to May's Withdrawal Agreement, which has never appeared on a ballot paper. Personally I'm against a second referendum having Remain as an option, but that doesn't make such a referendum anti-democratic.

Comment

anti-democratic
          Adjective

HTH BISDI

The 48% have spoken. Their will should not be ignored. There will be trouble on the streets if the will of the 16.1m is totally ignored.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The 48% have spoken. Their will should not be ignored. There will be trouble on the streets if the will of the 16.1m is totally ignored.
            I believe we'll survive endless candlelit vigils and the strains of Koom-Bay-Ah.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I believe we'll survive endless candlelit vigils and the strains of Koom-Bay-Ah.

Let's compare the numbers that march in London against brexit next weekend, and those with Farage that march for brexit. Let's see where the numbers lie fella. The only danger in civil unrest to remainers is tripping over your zimmer frames (if you can even bother to rock up).

Will of the 48%

Comment

Let's compare the numbers that march in London against brexit next weekend, and those with Farage that march for brexit. Let's see where the numbers lie fella.
                I prefer to take note of where the "numbers lie" regarding the country's wish to Leave the EU. It is called a Democratic mandate. You ought to get with the programme and stop being such a Luddite.

Comment

I prefer to take note of where the "numbers lie" regarding the country's wish to Leave the EU. It is called a Democratic mandate. You ought to get with the programme and stop being such a Luddite.

Will of the people has changed. Some of the 52% are no longer on this earth. Within 10 years we'll be back in the EU. Let's hope you live long enough to see it

Have you not worked out yet why the Tories are scared of a 3rd ref? It's because they know the people have changed their mind

Comment

Will of the people has changed. Some of the 52% are no longer on this earth. Within 10 years we'll be back in the EU. Let's hope you live long enough to see it

Have you not worked out yet why the Tories are scared of a 3rd ref? It's because they know the people have changed their mind
                    Your ignorance and stupidity work seamlessly together to form a shield that protects you from reality, don't they?

Comment

Your ignorance and stupidity work seamlessly together to form a shield that protects you from reality, don't they?

I'm with you guys, I'm looking forward to a crash out of the EU. I'm looking forward to the regions losing their subsidies and your fellow Scots going independent and the breaking up of the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X