• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why we cannot leave the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why we cannot leave the EU

What No Deal Brexit tariffs would really mean for Britain | Daily Mail Online

a 265g Dutch gouda cheese at the same supermarket up 30p from £2.25 to £2.55, thanks to a 13 per cent tariff.
    Why wasn't this on the side of a remain bus?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Because the Leave campaign pushed leaving only with an agreement. Leaving with No Deal was never offered as an option so the Remain campaign didn't feel the need to discuss it.

Those 13% increases, across various goods, soon racks up over the year
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

30p? That’s about what I pay per day for EU membership.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        30p? That’s about what I pay per day for EU membership.
        You pay so that you can be ruled from Brussels? Doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

Comment

You pay so that you can be ruled from Brussels? Doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

I can’t think of any rules implemented by Brussels that negatively impact me, but I can think of a few implemented by the UK government.

The 30p a day saves me a load in tariffs (as you’ve helpfully proven) as well as ease of travel, reduced admin, etc.

It’s a bargain.

Comment

You can leave the EU if you are accompanied by a named responsible adult.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              I can’t think of any rules implemented by Brussels that negatively impact me, but I can think of a few implemented by the UK government.

The 30p a day saves me a load in tariffs (as you’ve helpfully proven) as well as ease of travel, reduced admin, etc.

It’s a bargain.
              I think 29p is a fairer price for all of that.

Comment

Working...
              X