• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Add your brexit jokes here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ok the EU genuinely cares about the citizens of it's member countries.

That is fooking funny.
    At least you've still got your sense of humour.

Comment

That is fooking funny.
      Could you tell us who you think “the EU” is?

Apart from the European Parliament (MEPs, representing their country’s constituents), the European Council (member state heads of state, representing their country’s constituents), and the Council of the European Union (ministers of member states, representing their country’s constituents).

Comment

That is fooking funny.
        Does the UK government care about the citizens of it's member countries?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Dictatorships don't allow regular free and fair elections. Worth understanding Enabling Acts to see how a democracy can be subverted into dictatorship.
          From Yes Prime Minister, when the French president wants to give the Queen a puppy, knowing that British quarantine laws wouldn't allow it.

I've spoken to the Home Office.
          They say there's no grounds to pass an act to allow this dog into Britain.
          I know an enabling act can enable anything, but the PM feels it would merely enable him to lose the next election.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Does the UK government care about the citizens of it's member countries?
            Not as much as it cares about the Tory party.

Comment

That is fooking funny.
              Jokes generally work by you, well, saying the joke and others laughing. If you have to tell people it's a joke and funny it probably isn't.

But, well done, you've at least had a go
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                Not as much as it cares about the Tory party.
                Or the wishes of the minority DUP

Comment

So you like living in a dictatorship then?

Where you may get to vote but ultimately it is a sop and counts for nothing.
                  EU member states are feeling your pain right now. In about a week, they will probably get to vote on whether to extend the leaving date to help out the U.K. The leaving date needs to be extended even if there is a deal agreed, so that enabling legislation can be passed.

Unfortunately, that vote needs to be unanimous. If it is not unanimous, then for all those member states that support an extension to help the U.K. their vote is ultimately a sop and counts for nothing.

In this case, it is possible for 95% of the votes to go to support the U.K.’s extension, but still get nothing.

Vetos, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Times
                    Import tariffs slashed in no‑deal Brexit

Almost nine in ten import tariffs will be scrapped later this month if the UK leaves the European Union without an agreement, the government has revealed. Checks on all goods at the Irish border would be waived under what officials described as a “strictly temporary” regime. About 87 per cent of tariffs would be eliminated in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
                    Originally posted by The Daily Mail
                    Hours before MPs vote on stopping No Deal Brexit, ministers reveal stinging tariffs Britain would slap on European products if UK crashes out - including cars, meat and dairy goods.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      NI farmers are not happy with the tariffs ... they think they're being sold out by Westminster. Glad to see the DUP are fighting their corner.

Another step towards the break up of the UK?

Comment

Working...
                      X