• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Vernacular' words to use when communicating with Brexiteers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Vernacular' words to use when communicating with Brexiteers

There has been a bit of a complaint by one of our patriotic Brexit supporting friends about use of tricky English.

I appreciate that many Remain supporting metropolitan elitists naturally use complex language, but could I ask that you consider first using words from this list, in the spirit of inclusiveness.

Wikipedia:List of 1000 basic words - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    There has been a bit of a complaint by one of our patriotic Brexit supporting friends about use of tricky English.

I appreciate that many Remain supporting metropolitan elitists naturally use complex language, but could I ask that you consider first using words from this list, in the spirit of inclusiveness.

Wikipedia:List of 1000 basic words - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    To be fair, it was Bean and he is an apprentice, all be it not a good one. Rest assured he will be given a thick ear and shown the error of his ways.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      To be fair, it was Bean and he is an apprentice, all be it not a good one. Rest assured he will be given a thick ear and shown the error of his ways.
      Again to be fair, he is only a kid.

Comment

sod off you pompous twat.

simple enough for you??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

simple enough for you??
          Can you see where you went wrong?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

When conversing with our remain-oriented expat gammonflakes, I try to encourage them gently with familiar phrases like "comfort blanket", "bedtime story", and "no more tears shampoo". They're easily triggered.

Bless.

Comment

simple enough for you??
              Goats and monkeys, man! I am on your side!

Comment

Goats and monkeys, man! I am on your side!
                i am perfectly rounded, - i don't have a side to be on

Comment

i am perfectly rounded, - i don't have a side to be on
                  I am glad to hear it.

Comment

I am glad to hear it.
                    aye, - right

Comment

Working...
                    X