• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No deal better than a bad deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You don't know the difference between 15 and 16
    I do, it's called a mistake, one I corrected and would have thought that you could have spotted it, but you tried to use it as a cudgel instead
    Originally posted by Bean
    A bit of common sense, or searching, would have told you I mistook post #16 for post #15, so as you were;

You claim that I have said 1 out of 42 in this thread.
    Yes, that was incorrect and you corrected me and I haven't claimed it after your correction... what more do you want?

You claim that you don't know how many meetings Farage has attended, but anyone who provides figures is wrong in your eyes.
    Want me to go on?
    You can certainly try - but how does that compute, given your statement;
    I can't be bothered wasting my time any more with you.
    Gosh, I sure hope you didn't post anything addressed to me after this post - otherwise you'd look like a fool
    (Ahem, Posts #68 & #69 )

I'm saying there were more than 42 meetings held by the committee, during which Nigel was a member, so either Greenpeace don't know either (suggesting the data is not available from the EU), or that they're being disingenuous with their 'statistic', that then gets parroted out by all the haters...

Want me to list the number of questions you have refused to answer directly, or where, rather than answering, you reply with a question?
    Sure, why not - but see above, fool.

You got what you voted for - chaos.
    I voted to Leave the EU, which we haven't done yet - so I haven't yet got what I voted for, yet.

HTH
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

No, that's why i didn't cite it or put it in inverted commas claiming it was.
      Ah, so no factual basis behind it. Glad that's been cleared up.

Is "protest vote" his term for the results of the debates, or yours?
      Mine, but could also be his too.

Does it sound like the kind of democratic thing someone would do after every democratic discussion?
      Do what? You're not being very clear

I've asked you what you mean by this, but as usual, you have avoided it.
      Addressed in Post #15;
      I meant, given the votes that occurred, when he was absent - would his vote have mattered, how many UKIP members were on the committee, versus how many total... i.e. Is his point about being outvoted valid or not

I've just checked my posts on here, and I can confirm that not every single post I have ever made on here is about NF.
      No, he does not have a point. he has failed his electorate. He preaches that others should stand down when they fail, but he refuses to.
      Perhaps I should have phrased it better, it means, whenever you bring up his attendance failures, you never include his reasoning/explanation - which gives the impression of bias on your part and only telling part of the story
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

He was one of 2 UK representatives - representing the UK electorate. You're obsessed with him representing a party, not the people who elected him. He was on a committee of approx 50 people. There weren't 10 of him there weren't 670 others.
        Yes, fantastic. I was pointing out the full figures behind the outcomes of the 'key votes', that are listed on the Greenpeace page;
        Farage’s voting record on fishing ‘makes mockery’ of new election poster | Greenpeace UK

Also;
        It goes someway to prove, that he can and does contribute using those qualities you listed as 'constructive', so it's not a major leap to suggest he could and does do the same in committees.

In any democracy, the losing side will be outvoted by the victorious side, that's the amazing thing about democracy.
        In a dictatorship, the dictator gets his own way and isn't outvoted.
        In a committee, a group of people meet to reach an agreed decision. Good constructive debate will mean that while people may have to make compromises, the result should be the best that the group can achieve that does not overly support one small group, or overly reject another.

If NF was ever elected as a UK MP, he would be 1 in 650. He would be outvoted in everything if he always started out at working out how he could protest all the time.
        Do all the committee members share your thoughts exactly? It's a good ideal.

I've said before, he has contributed before, with information easily accessible on the EP, but not so much on the committee;
        Here's a some contributions on Fishing to the EP, Oct 2003;
        Debates - Wednesday, 8 October 2003 - Fisheries partnership agreements with third countries
        and another, Jan 2003
        Debates - Thursday, 16 January 2003 - Fishing in international waters
        and another, Nov 2002
        Debates - Monday, 18 November 2002 - Common fisheries policy (CFP)
        and another, May 2002
        Debates - Wednesday, 29 May 2002 - Common fisheries policy

Nigel asking for cost/benefit analysis;
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUYrj-mjIu4
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Yes, fantastic. I was pointing out the full figures behind the outcomes of the 'key votes', that are listed on the Greenpeace page;
          Farage’s voting record on fishing ‘makes mockery’ of new election poster | Greenpeace UK

Also;

Do all the committee members share your thoughts exactly? It's a good ideal.

I've said before, he has contributed before, with information easily accessible on the EP, but not so much on the committee;
          Here's a some contributions on Fishing to the EP, Oct 2003;
          Debates - Wednesday, 8 October 2003 - Fisheries partnership agreements with third countries
          and another, Jan 2003
          Debates - Thursday, 16 January 2003 - Fishing in international waters
          and another, Nov 2002
          Debates - Monday, 18 November 2002 - Common fisheries policy (CFP)
          and another, May 2002
          Debates - Wednesday, 29 May 2002 - Common fisheries policy

Nigel asking for cost/benefit analysis;
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUYrj-mjIu4

Why do you keep posting links to debates in the European Parliament? That’s not the Committee.

Come back when you’ve got any evidence at all that he’s attended or debated in the Committee.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Why do you keep posting links to debates in the European Parliament? That’s not the Committee.

Come back when you’ve got any evidence at all that he’s attended or debated in the Committee.
            Why? Because;
            It goes someway to prove, that he can and does contribute using those qualities you listed as 'constructive', so it's not a major leap to suggest he could and does do the same in committees.
            (Although the 'you' in that quote is WTFH)
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Why? Because;

(Although the 'you' in that quote is WTFH)
              “Contribute” might be a bit strong. I’ve heard from more than one MEP that he has a habit of turning up in the EP, making a big noise and bluster to ask a question, and then doesn’t bother hanging around for the responses.

The video of him asking the question turns up on his social media, and the Express runs a “Watch as Farage DESTROYS MEPs with his question” type thing.

Be careful you’re not confusing “contribute” with “well-worked social media campaign”.

Comment

Do you have any evidence of this? Or is it just an assumption of yours personally with no factual basis behind it?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Do you have any evidence of this? Or is it just an assumption of yours personally with no factual basis behind it?
                  It's a leap, (but not a major one) a suggestion...

Originally posted by WTFH
                  except the British MEP who was given the job didn't care about the UK fishing industry.
                  No reference to making a suggestion, or that the statement is a leap in any way - which is why I asked if there was a quote etc...

Compare your post and language, to my reasonably clear (to most with reading comprehension) post:
                  HTH BIDI

Also, how are you getting on with
                  Originally posted by WTFH
                  I can't be bothered wasting my time any more with you.
                  Only 3 posts addressed to me, since you posted that eh?
                  You must have given your login details to someone else, otherwise you're a right wally eh
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Must be some new organisation set-up just for Brexit:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Dr Liam Fox-it Up Again.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X