• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU to break up within 5 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molsang View Post
    Brexit drama reveals the intellectual bankruptcy in British political class. The PPE degree holders from oxbridge lives in a bubble, reality is far different than what they want world to believe. Because of this fundamental issue Britain got poor treatment from EU. Britain tried but catastrophically failed in the strategy of 'divide and rule' of 27 EU members, the cabinet ministers did never realised that EU 27 will remain united and won't fall into the design until very recent on Summer 2018. I don't think Theresa May handled it badly, any politician in her place won't fare better. Britain has to rebuild it's society and country from scratch so it has a rightful place, the pretension of great power does not work outside England. The proof is treatment Theresa May received in the hand of Brussels. No significant country in the world will sign FTA with Britain until gets significant concessions because Britain no longer in driving seat. Since 2008, British PM visited India five times and Indian PM reciprocated by only twice. But British media says India is a backward poor dirty country, the power balance has shifted. Neither politician takes measure nor the media and forget about public. Everything is hype and bubble...

Comment

Someone whispers to me that Brexit will work as a catalyst and everything what Britain had achieved in political landscape since 1707 (Scottish Unification) will be gone. England will be on it's own, become poor but won't join back EU. Scotland and Northern Ireland will break away.

Or, there is another outcome. Give up London as global hub of money laundering, stop giving shelters to tax evaders and mafias from all parts of the world, give up Sterling and in ten years Britain will be back in EU. This outcome can only save Britain of dis-integration.
      Last edited by molsang; 7 February 2019, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by molsang View Post
        Someone whispers to me that Brexit will work as a catalyst and everything what Britain had achieved in political landscape since 1707 (Scottish Unification) will be gone. England will be on it's own, become poor but won't join back EU. Scotland and Northern Ireland will break away.

Or, there is another outcome. Give up London as global hub of money laundering, stop giving shelters to tax evaders and mafias from all parts of the world, give up Sterling and in ten years Britain will be back in EU. This outcome can only save Britain of dis-integration.
        How do you walk with that massive chip On your shoulder

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

EU to break up within 5 years

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          To be fair, the only bit I really disagree with in that one is that Britain was poorly treated by the EU.

The other posts are tin-foil hat though.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            To be fair, the only bit I really disagree with in that one is that Britain was poorly treated by the EU.

The other posts are tin-foil hat though.
            The EU is a gravy train, we gave money and got a little back in return. All for the privilege of running a huge trade imbalance with the EU.

Lucky for us we can finally head out into the world, unshackled by the EU. Lets just hope the manic depressives and the cowards can join the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              The EU is a gravy train, we gave money and got a little back in return. All for the privilege of running a huge trade imbalance with the EU.

Lucky for us we can finally head out into the world, unshackled by the EU. Lets just hope the manic depressives and the cowards can join the trip.
              Then you understand neither the EU, not the ability of business to trade with the rest of the world already.

Out of interest, what plan are you working on once you’re unshackled? Or are you all mouth and no trousers?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Then you understand neither the EU, not the ability of business to trade with the rest of the world already.

Out of interest, what plan are you working on once you’re unshackled? Or are you all mouth and no trousers?
                My trousers are my own business, sir. Keep your dirty thoughts out of the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                X