• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU to break up within 5 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post

You have a habit of ignoring and extrapolating. We haven't even agreed what you are defining as your measure of UK economy, and you've extrapolated one simple example into an entire change.

Assuming you are confirming that you are using GDP, and only GDP, as your sole measure of the economy, what are the various forecasts by economists and governments on what the various flavours of Brexit will do to GDP?

I suspect your answer will be "they're forecasts, not actual facts", in which case I think we're done here.
    As I said I think we are in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      As I said I think we are in agreement.
      For the record, we're not.

Comment

Awww Go on you know you want to really.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          Awww Go on you know you want to really.
          I agree with both of you.

Comment

5 years and counting. Oops seems to be a bit of trouble between Italy and France. Perhaps I was being optimistic at 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              5 years and counting. Oops seems to be a bit of trouble between Italy and France. Perhaps I was being optimistic at 5 years.
              What trouble is that?

Comment

EU was not ready to tolerate anymore London as global hub of Tax avoidance and tax evasion. The tax evader mafias from across the world come to London and take shelter. British police, press and courts protect them. Since EU was not willing to partner, it angered the section of elite so therefore Brexit and yet more tax avoidance and tax evasion coming.
                Last edited by molsang; 7 February 2019, 15:24.

Comment

Originally posted by molsang View Post
                  EU was not ready to tolerate anymore London as global hub of Tax avoidance and tax evasion. The tax evader mafias from across world come to London and take shelter. British police, press and courts protect them. Since EU was not willing to partner, it angered the section of elite so therefore Brexit and yet more tax avoidance and tax evasion coming.
                  Indeed. Which is why the UK is boomed.

Comment

cabal is in the panic that people in street are no longer willing to obey and get busy in the circus of bread and soaps. Brexit can trigger lots of things which were postponed for later date like Scottish independence, Irish re-unification, massive drop of Sterling's value and in not so distant future abolition of Monarchy and commonwealth. Many such outcomes which are due could be linked to Brexit vote in future.

Comment

Brexit drama reveals the intellectual bankruptcy in British political class. The PPE degree holders from oxbridge lives in a bubble, reality is far different than what they want world to believe. Because of this fundamental issue Britain got poor treatment from EU. Britain tried but catastrophically failed in the strategy of 'divide and rule' of 27 EU members, the cabinet ministers did never realised that EU 27 will remain united and won't fall into the design until very recent on Summer 2018. I don't think Theresa May handled it badly, any politician in her place won't fare better. Britain has to rebuild it's society and country from scratch so it has a rightful place, the pretension of great power does not work outside England. The proof is treatment Theresa May received in the hand of Brussels. No significant country in the world will sign FTA with Britain until gets significant concessions because Britain no longer in driving seat. Since 2008, British PM visited India five times and Indian PM reciprocated by only twice. But British media says India is a backward poor dirty country, however the truth is the power balance has shifted. Neither politician takes measure nor the media and forget about public. Everything is hype and bubble...

Comment

Working...
                      X