• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Yes, they are constructed rules, rules created in the EU by the UK and others to protect the EU market from being flooded with cheap drugs that have less control in their production. The US have similar rules (FDA) for the same reason.

If we stay in the SM and CU then these roles could continue. A FTA could also include the allowing of us to keep these kinds of roles in the UK. However WTO rules would not, as that would mean the EU and UK would have to open up the market to drugs produced all over the world. This would be even worse for the UK pharma industry as the production sites we have today would become at risk.

All the R&D that comes out of these pharma companies would then be at risk, and that would not be good for finding future cures.

You live in cloud cuckoo land, believing everything your overlords tell you, but with no experience of how businesses run. Thankfully we all like a trier, and it's quite sweet to see a child trying to understand what the adults are talking about.
    He's more a yappy attention seeking dog than a child.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Ideal. So that role will still exist even after we have left the EU, even if the drugs produced at their facility end up being shipped elsewhere. Not sure what they are panicking about. Are they Remainers perhaps?
      Maybe you should contact the CEOs of the FTSE 100 pharma companies and tell them to ignore what they're doing as they can keep these roles anyway. You're a business genius, I'm sure the boards of these companies would value your expertise. Your talent is wasted peeling spuds, you should join a big 4 consultancy .... I've got some contacts in the one I used to work for, just let me know and I can have a word for you .... now that does deserve a few
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        He's more a yappy attention seeking dog than a child.
        Can we not send him to Vietnam ..... they'll cook up a good reception for him

Comment

If we stay in the SM and CU then these roles could continue. A FTA could also include the allowing of us to keep these kinds of roles in the UK. However WTO rules would not, as that would mean the EU and UK would have to open up the market to drugs produced all over the world. This would be even worse for the UK pharma industry as the production sites we have today would become at risk.

All the R&D that comes out of these pharma companies would then be at risk, and that would not be good for finding future cures.
          Which is why, as I stated earlier, that a mutually agreeable accommodation will be found.
          The only unknown is just what exactly that may look like.

That was always going to be the case.
          If you weren't saddled with the vision and comprehension abilities of a retarded vole it might have dawned on you sooner.

Still, it is a little churlish of me to highlight this shortcoming of yours so publicly. Not to mention entirely superfluous.

You are clearly not the brightest crayon in the pencil case.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I've got some contacts in the one I used to work for, just let me know and I can have a word for you
            Cheers for the offer, but the Early Learning Centre is more your thing than mine.

Did you make any imaginary friends there as well?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Cheers for the offer, but the Early Learning Centre is more your thing than mine.

Did you make any imaginary friends there as well?

Yap, yap, yap ....

Comment

Yap, yap, yap ....
                Now you're talking Shauny's language.

Comment

Which is why, as I stated earlier, that a mutually agreeable accommodation will be found.
                  The only unknown is just what exactly that may look like.

That was always going to be the case.
                  If you weren't saddled with the vision and comprehension abilities of a retarded vole it might have dawned on you sooner.

Still, it is a little churlish of me to highlight this shortcoming of yours so publicly. Not to mention entirely superfluous.

You are clearly not the brightest crayon in the pencil case.
                  Leaving under WTO doesn't allow for a "mutually agreeable" trade deal you dimwit. Leaving on a 'deal' will allow, well, a "mutually agreeable" deal. WTO only by definition means no trade deal. Do try to keep up with what your lot are trying to get through parliament.

Comment

WTO only by definition means INITIALLY there will be no finalised trade deal.
                    And that will be the situation at the outset of ongoing discussions. At that point, whilst not perfect, it will be very much in the interests of both sides to negotiate something better.

You do realise that we need not be tied to WTO rules indefinitely don't you, or is that something else that has passed so far over your head that it has left a vapour trail?

I suppose you have never really HAD to negotiate very much. Probably spoon-fed by Mummsy and Daddsy most of your life.

Now jog on............you are becoming a bit obsessive and clingy. Following me round the forum like a gurning puppy desperate to be noticed. Pretty unseemly.

Comment

You've rattled his cage, whorty. Press your advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X