• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shrinkflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrinkflation

So prices have gone up: Shrinkflation - Office for National Statistics
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Yes but this needs to be moved as shrinkflation began (according to this) in July 2015 - which is prior to Brexit vote

Sorry

Mods please move to general.

Comment

The average IQ in the UK will shrink when the influx of clever foreigners no longer counterbalances the outflow of clever Britons.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Yes but this needs to be moved as shrinkflation began (according to this) in July 2015 - which is prior to Brexit vote

Sorry

Mods please move to general.
        The majority of products experiencing size changes were food products and in 2016, we estimated that between 1% and 2.1% of food products in our sample shrank in size, while between 0.3% and 0.7% got bigger.

And where does this really start to kick in, oh June 2016. I wonder what event could have happened then?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          The average IQ in the UK will shrink when the influx of clever foreigners no longer counterbalances the outflow of clever Britons.
          How is your application for settled status in La La Land progressing?

We counterbalanced YOUR exit by importing a small Yukka plant. I am sure we will cope.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            How is your application for settled status in La La Land progressing?

We counterbalanced YOUR exit by importing a small Yukka plant. I am sure we will cope.

As long as you still have someone to look up to. And you're still dutifully bringing it a pot of tea and a slice of battenburg at 15:30 every day. Dutiful to the end.

Comment

And you're still dutifully bringing it a pot of tea and a slice of battenburg at 15:30 every day. Dutiful to the end.
              Feel free to add this whimsical scenario to your other burgeoning list of daydreams. Just don't get yourself too vexed for your meds to keep you "level".

You don't want to trigger another of your "episodes".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Just buy two and it's back to the original size!

I have solved shrinkflation, next challenge please!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  And where does this really start to kick in, oh June 2016. I wonder what event could have happened then?
                  Nonsense! Everyone knows that Cadbury Creme Eggs, Curly Wurlys and Chocolate Oranges have been shrinking for years! Have you seen how few chocos there are in a "tin" of Quality Street these days?

You can't blame Brexit for everything. Oh sorry, I see YOU can. One can't blame Brexit for everything.

Comment

thats alright you & darmy leaving the UK put us ahead for generations! Assgoo moved us to the next ice age.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X