• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What position do you think we'll be in on March 29?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    I don’t necessarily disagree, however:

These two statements are mutually incompatible.
    Well spotted. If he stands on behalf of another party (albeit one yet to be created) he'll still win enough % to get in. So the idea that he might still be an MEP, and him being a UKIP MEP are not necessarily compatible. And at no point did I say they were so.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Well spotted. If he stands on behalf of another party (albeit one yet to be created) he'll still win enough % to get in. So the idea that he might still be an MEP, and him being a UKIP MEP are not necessarily compatible. And at no point did I say they were so.
      I’m not so sure about that. A new party on his own? Not much time to get a full party PR bandwagon behind him, but I don’t doubt that he’d get a bit of a push from some friendly “businessmen” to pay for it.

Even if he does get a new party going, there’s a fair chance he would split the UKIP vote anyway.

And if it’s a one-man party (and even with other candidates in the party, let’s be honest, the others would all be anonymous nobodies) we can’t forget the 7-attempts-7-failures that he’s had to become an MP.

Whatever happens, it will be interesting to watch :-)

Comment

I don’t necessarily disagree, however:

These two statements are incomprehensible to me & my fellow remoaners.
        FTFY.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I’m not so sure about that. A new party on his own? Not much time to get a full party PR bandwagon behind him, but I don’t doubt that he’d get a bit of a push from some friendly “businessmen” to pay for it.

Even if he does get a new party going, there’s a fair chance he would split the UKIP vote anyway.

And if it’s a one-man party (and even with other candidates in the party, let’s be honest, the others would all be anonymous nobodies) we can’t forget the 7-attempts-7-failures that he’s had to become an MP.

Whatever happens, it will be interesting to watch :-)
          Split the UKIP vote? What UKIP vote? UKIP ceased to be relevant when some idiot decided they should become the Peoples Front of Judea (alright, the Popular Front).
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Split the UKIP vote? What UKIP vote? UKIP ceased to be relevant when some idiot decided they should become the Peoples Front of Judea (alright, the Popular Front).
            Indeed the UKIP vote became the Ucu*t vote, unfortunately they didn't decide to challenge the bollox they decided to encourage the hate.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Where's the "In the pub celebrating!" option?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Seems like we have a majority for a No deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  Seems like we have a majority for a No deal.
                  Someone will be along shortly with another poll...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Someone will be along shortly with another poll...
                    A 2nd referendum? Wohoooo!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

The Postillon: Easier than Brexit: all countries except Great Britain are leaving the EU to form a new alliance
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X